DJ speaker stands are an important part of your arsenal as a DJ. Leaving your speakers on the ground is one option. Often this is a bad choice, though. Your speakers may get kicked or tripped over. And the floor level usually is not optimal for hearing the music either. A speaker stand, including those from popular brands like Mount-It! And Bose are the perfect solution.
The best DJ speaker stands look nice, has the stability to work on many different surfaces, can adjust to different heights for optimal hearing, and can hold a variety of speaker types. Finding one that meets all of your needs while fitting your budget is ideal as well.
Throughout this article, we will spend time looking at the ten best DJ speaker stands you can choose. Along the way, we will discuss more about what makes each stand unique, and how each one can help a DJ get the best sound out of their music. Let’s take a look at these speakers and learn what makes them amazing, and how to pick the best one.
Performer Life is supported by its readers. If you buy through our links we may earn an affiliate commission.
Throughout this article, simply click the images to go check out our recommendations on Amazon.
The Best DJ Speaker Stands
A quick search will show many different stands you can consider for your DJ business. Each has different features and price points to consider as well. Narrowing them down to some of the best stands is difficult. Our top DJ speaker stands to check out include:
This speaker stand has it all and is one of the best speaker stands on the market. It gives you the benefit of making adjustments to the height of the stand so the speaker can always be at the best level for hearing. You get the choice to position the stand on any level up to 38 inches (97cm) from the floor based on where the best sound experience may be.
Besides, this speaker stand has easy-to-use brackets and plates, making it easier to put any satellite speaker you would like. You can place your chosen speaker right on the top plates. This stand has some adhesive back pads if necessary to help secure the speakers better. It also has keyhole slots fit with your speaker as well.
The construction of this speaker stand is simple to use, and heavy-gauge steel is used to ensure proper stability. It is designed to hold a speaker up to 3.5 pounds (1.6kg), which will make it compatible with most speakers you want to choose. It doesn’t take much to put this stand together so you can get right to work after it shows up.
Some of the benefits you may enjoy with using this speaker include:
- It makes it easier to set up the speakers at the best hearing level.
- Long-lasting and durable
- Has features to reduce any problems with vibration
- It has keyhole slots, brackets, and plates to make installing different speakers much easier.
This speaker stand is perfect for giving the quality sound that you want out of any speaker you choose. The height can be adjusted anywhere from 27 to 48 inches (69 to 122cm) off the ground, making it work for stereo or surround sound depending on your needs. Even with these features, you will not need to compromise the durability. This stand is constructed with heavy-duty cast iron and a black matte finish. The featured wide base gives the support your speakers need.
Besides, you will notice that the options of this speaker will not be limited. You can install different speakers with different designs using the brackets or the installation base that comes with it. The stand is also sturdy enough to hold any speaker up to five pounds (2.3kg). The concealed wire path is a feature that helps to hide all the wires and gives your stand the neat look you want.
Some of the other features you will love with this speaker stand to include:
- The height will extend to any level you need to play the perfect sound.
- You can use this with surround and stereo sounds.
- Any standard speaker will fit on this stand.
- Has a concealed wire path so you never have tangled wires left all over the floor again.
- A compact and lightweight structure, making it easier to haul around for every gig.
This is one of the very best speaker stands for surround and bookshelf speakers. This stand is compact and will fit anywhere you need. This one uses a slightly different material, which is a high gauge cold rolled steel that makes it stand compact while being sturdy enough to hold your speaker up. It also includes some padded feet that will make it sturdy on a solid floor. Take the feet off and let the carpet spikes keep it steady on carpets and other soft surfaces.
If your speaker is a little bit bigger, then you need to choose this speaker stand. It is designed to hold speakers up to 22 pounds (10kg). This special speaker stand is designed to help you handle any kind of audience, sturdy enough to work with heavier speaker options, and can work well on bookshelves, hard floors, and soft surfaces.
Some of the other features you will love with this speaker stand to include:
- Strong enough to hold heavy speakers
- The steel body is sturdy and can help the product last for a long time, even with your busy schedule.
- Carpet spikes and padded feet help the stand stay firm on any surface.
This speaker stand is a great option to use because it gives equal importance to design and durability. The black matte steel structure looks amazing while providing all the stability and durability you need in your speaker stand. Like the other options, you can adjust this stand between 26.5 and 47 inches (67.3 and 119.4cm) to pick the perfect height to play your music.
The top plate is also adjustable, allowing you to adjust for the exact size of your own speakers. The width can go from 5.5 inches (14cm) to 11 inches (28cm), which will hold most speakers you would like to use. DJ’s who choose this one can tilt or pan the stand to 180 degrees, giving you plenty of options for adjusting for the best sound.
Stability is also important in this particular stand. It is suitable for all surface types and it includes rubber feet that you can add on to prevent scratches or to enhance the stability. This stand provides you with a hole in the brackets to help hide the wiring and will hold a speaker up to 33 pounds (15kg). Some of the other benefits you can enjoy with this speaker includes:
- Most of the speakers you will use fit perfectly in this stand.
- Not only can you adjust the height of this stand, but also the width, making it easier to get the perfect hearing level each time.
- The design is perfect for any kind of surface.
- Supports heavier speakers.
- Wire concealment helps keep the wires out of the way while maintaining a good look.
This speaker stand comes in a set of four stands that will help you to position the perfect home theater or surround sound system in all directions. If you want to use more than one speaker to belt out the tunes and make the music even better, then this option from Mount-It is the perfect place to start. Most speaker types will be compatible with this option.
This stand is sturdy, with four legs on each part to keep it upright, even when the music gets loud. It isn’t able to support really big speakers, with the maximum weight being five pounds (2.3kg), but it can hold four of each, making it easier to get the same sound out of smaller speakers. Integrated wire channeling is also included in this, allowing you to have uninterrupted cable management through the pole while making it easier to install any speaker.
Some of the other benefits you may enjoy with this speaker stand to include:
- You can adjust the height of the stand.
- It is stable enough to work well on any surface
- Has the ability to enhance the bass of the speakers with the backport, getting more sound out of smaller speakers.
- Easy to set up.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- There are several attachment styles to make this easier to work with
This stand combines elegance and durability in one, giving you a really unique product you are sure to love. It is built with heavy gauge steel covered in a high gloss black finish. Then tempered glass with beveled edges is added to give it a new look compared to the others. Don’t let the beauty fool you, though. This speaker stand has a lot of neat features that you are sure to love as well.
To start, this stand has taken extra precautions against protecting the speaker. Soft pads are there around the speaker to prevent external damage. This stand does well on even surfaces when it comes to stability, and has spike feet to help out on uneven surfaces while reducing sound distortion out of the speaker. There is a built-in wire management system, so you never have to worry about the wires getting in your way again.
Some of the other features you are sure to love about this speaker stand include:
- The wire management system will make sure you never have to deal with wire tangling again.
- The speaker won’t have distortion or become affected by outside factors because this stand has soft pads for protection.
- The featured spiked feet will boost the quality of the sound while maintaining stability.
Bose is a name you should know in the world of music and speakers, and their speaker stands had to make it onto our list. When you are looking for a speaker stand that can do it all while providing you with some amazing durability, this is the one. This stand is not only made out of compact black steel to make it sturdy, but it also comes with a top plate, support, and a base plate to keep it together.
The base plate comes with rubber feet that will provide some extra stability to the speakers, keeping them upright as you use them. The top plate has some rubber bumper pads to make it easier to hold on to the speakers you want to use. The support is hollow, so you can run any of the wirings you need through it without a big mess.
While this speaker stand was designed to work best with Bose bookshelf speakers, it has features to work with other speakers as well. Most other bookshelf speakers will work on this stand, so if you want something sturdy and reliable, this Bose Bookshelf speaker stand is perfect. Some of the other benefits you will love with this speaker stand to include:
- Installing the speaker is really easy with this stand.
- There is a wide space on the top, allowing for bigger speakers than some of the other stands.
- Durable construction that is meant to last
- Works well with Bose speakers, but can easily handle other speakers as well.
We have already taken some time to look at one Mount-It speaker stand, but this is such a good company that we need to spend a little more time with another option you are sure to love. This stand comes in at 18 inches (46cm) long, which makes it perfect for most sound placement. The stand is simply a top shelf, a pole, and a base. The pole is made out of aluminum to provide longevity and sturdiness.
To make it easy to place this stand anywhere you would like, it comes to rubber pads and spikes. The spikes are perfect for soft surfaces, while rubber pads give more stability on a solid floor. The pole is hollow to give you control over wire management. You can also place a speaker up to 22 pounds (10kg) on the stand and it will hold fast. Some of the other features you are sure to love about this stand include:
- The long height and a glass shelf will not only look nice but reduce distortion for the sound.
- It is easy to conceal the wire by hiding it inside of the hollow pole.
- The stand works on any kind of surface, making it easier to move around to each gig.
While some of the other speakers make you choose between budget-friendly and quality, this speaker stand allows you to have both. The height on this can be adjusted quite a bit, and the firm and stable stand has a locking pin to make it easier to keep that change in place. Of course, the whole JamStands series is designed to be as convenient as possible. That is why they have a low profile aesthetic that you can find on any of their products.
In particular, they work with a low profile base. What this means is that the design is made to be stable for tight or narrow spaces. If you are worried about how much room you have available for your speakers and stands, this is the product to consider. That’s just the beginning, though. The stand will have more than one type of equipment placement for different surfaces, so you are prepared no matter where you need to DJ.
While this stand may not look as fancy as some of the other choices, it gets the job done while staying on a budget. A few of the other benefits you can enjoy with this speaker stand include:
- The height is easy to adjust and this stand can fit most speaker types
- The price is reasonable for those just starting out.
- The wide base makes it easier to promote stability while using this stand.
While this stand may not be flashy and attractive like some models on the market, it gets the job done, and it does it well. This is an adjustable stand that makes it easier to get your speakers at the exact right height for optimal hearing. Durability was also a big factor when creating this stand. A3 steel has been used in manufacturing to help keep the body compact and durable, ensuring it will last for many years to come.
We have taken a look at several stands that hold heavier speakers, but this stand is one of the best. This stand can hold up to 40kgs, making it perfect for some of the bigger speakers you would like to use. It is well built, can move the speakers to any level that you would like, and you won’t have to worry as much about the weight of the speaker either.
Some of the best benefits you will love about this speaker include:
- Can carry and hold on to heavier speakers
- A compact and sturdy body that will last a long time
- It is easy to adjust the height to a level that is convenient for you.
How to Pick a DJ Speaker Stand
Before picking out any DJ stand, it is important to know what you are looking for. You need to go with the perfect stand that fits your budget, has high-quality materials inside, and can make your job a little bit easier. A few things to consider while picking out your DJ speaker include:
- Height: Always pick one that is lifted above the floor a bit. Adjustable settings to move the height up and down matter as well. This helps you to make adjustments and get the speaker to stand at the ideal hearing height each time.
- Compact and strong construction: Look for a stand that uses the best quality materials. This makes it easier to take the stand from one location to another without worrying about it breaking. DJ’s often work in small spaces, so compactness is also a big consideration 🙂
- Price: Each speaker stand will have a different price point. There are really expensive stands and really inexpensive stands. Each DJ has to determine how to get the best value for their money. Since there are so many great options for speaker stands, you are sure to find the one that meets your needs. Just don’t buy anything cheap and cheerful!
- Sound delivery: Pay attention to the quality of the sound from the speaker. It isn’t good to purchase a speaker stand that distorts or muffles the sound of the music. Pick one that has the best quality sound to make the music come out loud and clear.
- Carrying capacity: Look at how much the stand can carry. Not only should it have a good grip to handle the speakers, but it also needs to be strong enough to hold the speaker all night long. Pick a stand that is sturdy and can hold on to the speaker you plan to use without wobbling or falling over.
- Speakers available: Each speaker stand will have different speakers that are compatible with it. Pick one that already goes with a speaker you have, or pick out a stand that is compatible with a speaker you plan to get.
- Surfaces it works with: Always go for a speaker stand that is stable on all surfaces. As a DJ, you never know where you will perform next. Having a stand that works no matter where your next performance is located can take some of the stress off and makes it easier to pack up and go when you need it.
Why Do I Need a DJ Speaker Stand?
A speaker stand is important for a variety of reasons. Not only can this help get your speakers off the floor, but they help make the sound of any music you play much better. Speakers that stay on the floor often need to deal with reflecting. Surfaces close to the speakers will cause early reflections that may distort the sound you want. Keeping the speakers away from walls and corners, and off the floor, is ideal.
The most impactful reason to get a speaker stand is that it adds some distance between your speakers and other surfaces. This helps keep reflections to a minimum and ensures that any sound that comes out of the speaker is clear and crisp. This is specifically important for lower-end speakers but will make a difference regardless of the type of speaker you use.
You can also use the speaker to choose the best hearing level. We talked about that a little bit while bringing up the different stands you can use. This is the optimal level to place the speakers to avoid distortions and to make the sound as clear as possible. This level will vary based on the room you are in, the type of music, and where you place the speaker.
Most stands are adjustable, allowing you to move them up and down to change where the speaker is. Some even allow you to tilt the speakers to get an even better sound. Always choose an adjustable speaker. Since your work takes you to different locations each night, it is important to have control over the height of the speakers for each performance.
How Much Does a Speaker Stand Cost?
The cost of a speaker stand will vary depending on which brand you choose, how much weight you want it to hold, and what materials are used inside to make it sturdy. The lower priced items will, of course, cost less, and those with higher quality materials will cost a little more. There are some really good options on the lower end of the budget, so you don’t have to sacrifice quality because your budget is lower.
These speaker stands can cost as low as $30 or so. In some cases, if you just need a simple speaker stand for home use, you can find them as low as $10, though this is not common for someone who wants to DJ. Of course, there are speaker stands that cost a lot more than that, with some coming in at $3800, but this is usually more complex and higher-end than you would ever need for your line of work 🙂
Most of the speaker stands we discussed in this article are designed for those who have budget-friendliness in mind. This makes it easy to find the high-quality stand you need without breaking the bank. Take some time to do your research and find a speaker stand that combines the qualities and features you want with a price tag you can handle.
Picking a speaker stand is important. You want to find one that can hold your chosen speaker, will go up and down to allow for changes to the ideal hearing level, and one that can work on a variety of surfaces. Many of the speaker stands we discuss in this article have all these features and more, making it easier for you to find the perfect stand, no matter what your needs are.
Take a look through some of the options and decide which one will join you in your new DJing career.
- Dynaudio: Why Loudspeaker Stands Make a Difference
- Audiophile Review: Speaker Stands and Pricing
- SoundMoz: Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- Amazon: SANUS VuePoint HTBS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
- Amazon: Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands
- Amazon: VIVO-Universal Surround Speakers Stand SP03B
- Amazon: VideoSecu Adjustable Height Satellite Speaker Stand
- Amazon: Mount-It! MI-1214 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System Satellite Speaker Stand
- Amazon: Bose FS-1 Bookshelf Speaker Floor Stands
- Amazon: Ultimate Support JS-MS70 Stand
- Amazon: Topeakmart Adjustable Monitor Triangle Pair Steel Stand
- Amazon: TransDeco Speaker Stands
- Amazon: Mount-It! 2 Satellite Speaker Stands for Surround Sound Home Theaters