As a DJ, there is nothing more important to your music career than the equipment they use to make music. As Bluetooth headphones are becoming increasingly popular in the DJing world, you need to know what features are ideal before making a purchase decision.
The best Bluetooth headphones for DJing should have high-quality audio input that includes warm bass tones, crystal clear treble, adjustable volume levels, and long-range wireless connectivity. The headphones should have a long-lasting battery life with a quick recharge time.
A Bluetooth headphone set can save time on setting up your DJ equipment and help you get into the flow of making music. Here are the things you’ll learn throughout this informative guide:
- Details about the nine best Bluetooth headphones for DJing
- What to look for when you’re purchasing your brand-new pair
- Helpful suggestions about what makes DJing headphones one step above traditional headphones
- The top brands to choose from, including customer favorites and more
Throughout this article, simply click the product image to go and view the item over at Amazon. If any pricing is talked about, this is the current pricing at the time of writing. You should check Amazon for the latest pricing.
The ATH-M50X is a wireless headphone set created by Audio-Technica. The ATH-M50X provides you with optimum comfort and helps you concentrate on your tunes by minimizing outside noise while letting a broad range of sound frequencies and deep bass come through. According to Audio-Technica, the ATH-M50X is one of the most critically acclaimed models in their M-Series market, which makes it one of the top headsets on the market.
The ATH-M50X is built to be sturdy enough for heavy use, yet is comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time. The ATH-M50X weighs 285 g (10 oz.) without the cable and connector and has a frequency response of 15-28,000 Hz. It has a 45mm drive diameter, uses a neodymium magnet, and has a copper-clad aluminum wire voice coil. The ATH-M50X has a maximum power input of 1,600 mW per 1 kHz and an impedance of 38 ohms.
According to Best DJ Gear, these headphones are quite large but are super soft, which help quiet outside noise. The earpads are large enough to fit over any ear size and have a 90-degree swiveling angle so you can lie them flat around your neck. And according to Headphones Aholic, the headphones can be ordered as wireless or Bluetooth, which is the newest version.
The ATH-M50X headphones come with its own carrying pouch (so you can carry it around to your next show) and a screw-on adapter. The ATH-M50X also comes with three interchangeable cables: one of them is a coiled 1.2-3.0 meter (3.9-9.8 ft.) cord, another is a straight 3.0m (9.8 ft.), and a straight 1.2 meter (3.9 ft.) cord. These cords provide you with varying options that you can use to better customize your music setup.
You can purchase the ATH-M50X headphones in three different colors, which are white, black, and blue.
- Captures high-frequency range and deep bass
- Comfortable ear cups that fit over any ear size
- Bluetooth and Wireless Options
- Earpads have a 90° swiveling angle
The ATH-M40X is a slightly older model of headphones created by the Audio-Technica company and is designed for comfort and quality sound. The ATH-M40X is an older model of the ATH-M50X, but both have similar capabilities. They are both durable and deliver high-quality sound to the user. According to Best DJ Stuff, the ATH-M40X is a popular choice among DJs because of its sound isolation and rotating ear pads.
According to the Audio-Technica, the ATH-M40X is built with cutting edge engineering and has a robust frame. Unlike the ATH-M50X, the ATH-M40X has a skinnier frame, so you will not feel much of its padding on your head. Despite its smaller constitution, it allows you to fold it up for easy storing. The headband and earpads of the ATH-M40X are made with soft, durable material, so the headphones last a long time.
The ATH-M40X has a 40mm driver diameter constructed with neodymium and a copper-clad aluminum voice coil. The ATH-M40X weighs about 241 grams (8.5 oz.) without its cable and connector and has a frequency response of 15-24,000 Hz. It has a maximum power output of 1,600 mW at 1 kHz and an impedance level of 35 ohms. It has a flat tuning range so it can accurately cover multiple frequency ranges no matter what song is playing.
Finally, it comes with its own carrying pouch, a screw-on adapter, two interchangeable cables, a coiled 1.2-3.0 meter (3.9-9.8 ft.), and a straight 3.0 meter (9.8 ft.) cord. The ATH-M40X can also be folded up a number of ways for easy storage. In short, these are the headphones that are designed for DJs and other music mixers. On Amazon, the headphones are competitively priced, as they currently cost $99.
- Comes with two detachable cables
- Collapses easily for simple storage
- Very lightweight so you will not feel its weight
- Earpads have a 90° swiveling angle
Created by the Pioneer DJ company, the HDJ-X5BT headphones are one of the best headphones that you may want to have. It has a smooth slick plastic design that holds many surprises despite its simple look.
The HDJ-X5BT uses Qualcomm aptX audio codec to deliver a powerful range of sound and music to your ears. It weighs 319 grams (11.25 oz.) without the cord and has a frequency range of 5-30,000 Hz. It has an impedance level of 32 ohms and a sensitivity level of 104 dB. The Bluetooth specifications of the HDJ-X5BT are class 2. If you use Bluetooth, the HDJ-X5BT headphones take about 3 hours to fully charge, which allows you to listen to music for 20 hours.
If you should forget to charge up your headphones, you can listen to your music through a 1.8-meter cord. The HDJ-X5BT headband is very flexible, so no matter your head size, these headphones will be able to accommodate your head size without falling off. There is a microphone built into the HDJ-X5BT headphones, so you can take calls directly from your phone with just a single push.
These headphones are designed to be used for a long time, even through the toughest conditions. According to the Pioneer DJ, the HDJ-X5BT has cleared the Military Standard Shock Test as well as its usual tests. The HDJ-X5BT can be folded up for simple storage, but you will have to purchase the storage case separately. The HDJ-X5BT comes in four shiny colors: metallic black, metallic red, gold, or gloss white.
- Has a long battery life
- Hands-free mic for taking calls
- Comes with a USB charging cable
- Made to handle the toughest of falls and other accidents
The HDJ-2000 MK2-K is another set of headphones from the Pioneer DJ company.
According to Pioneer Pro, these headphones give you the sound you crave with superb clarity and clear sound separation. The memory foam and lightweight headband allow you to easily slip the headphones on without the feeling of wearing a weight on your head. The earpads are super soft and muffle the outside sounds so you can focus on the music.
The HDJ-2000MK2-K has 50 mm dome type driver units and weighs 298 grams (10.51 oz.) without the cord. It has a frequency range of 5-30,000 Hz and an impedance level of 32 ohms. It has a maximum input power of 3500 mW and an output sound level of 107 dB. The ear cups have a 90° swivel angle, so you can listen to your music through one ear, or wear the headphones on your shoulders easily.
The HDJ-2000MK2-K comes with an L-Type Jack Port for when you need to plug in your headphones. The design and the placement of the jack helps keep the cord inside the headphones and keeps them from getting accidentally knocked out. The HDJ-2000MK2-K headphones can be purchased in black or silver.
- Smooth and lightweight design
- Soft ear pads to keep the music in and the noise out
- L-Type Jack Port to help the cord stay connected
- 90° degree swivel for the ear cups
The V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless, created by the V-Moda company, is a headphone set with a unique design. While other headphones have circular earpad designs, the Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones have hexagonal covers called shields. With the Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones, you can customize the shields any way you want. You can choose to engrave a premade design or create an entirely new one of your own.
The Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones come with a SpeakEasy 1-Button mic cable for conversations. The Crossfade 2 Wireless headset weighs 309 g (10.90 oz.) and has a 50mm dual-diaphragm driver. It has a frequency range of 5-40,000 Hz and an impedance of 32 ohms. The speaker sensitivity is 100 dB at 1 kHz per 1mW and the microphone sensitivity is 42dB at 1 kHz.
With just 4 hours and 30 minutes of charge, you can listen to music for 14 hours straight. If you run out of battery life there, is a wired mode you can use to keep on listening to your music. The headband is made from flexible metal, which makes it more durable than its plastic competitors and has comfortable padding for your ears. You can easily adjust the headband to fit your head shape and the soft pads will remain on your ears.
According to Best DJ Gear, these headphones will not chafe your ears if you wear them for a long period of time. The Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones come in three colors: rose gold, matte black, and matte white.
Crossfade 2 Wireless Pros
- Has a sleek, smooth design
- Customizable shield covers
- Metal headband for stronger durability
This set of Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones from Beats by Dre gives you more time to listen to music while blocking outside noise. According to Best DJ Stuff, the Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones are meant to create an emotional experience for the listener by blocking out everything except the music.
The Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones come with an active noise-canceling feature that constantly adjusts to the background noise level. This ensures that you only hear the music coming from inside the headphones without any distractions.
A minimum charging time of ten minutes will allow you to listen to three hours of music. However, if you fully charge the Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones, you can listen to 22 hours of music with the noise cancelation function. Turning the noise cancelation function off will enable you to listen to 40 hours of music. With class 1 Bluetooth, you can listen to your music without having your device nearby and with fewer drop-outs.
The Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones also come with an automatic on and off feature to help save on battery life. These headphones can be paired up with multiple devices so you can stay tuned to your music as you operate your DJ equipment. The “b” button on the side of the Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones allows you to talk to Siri, make calls, and control your music with just one push.
The Beats Studio 3 Wireless has no cord and weighs 260 g (9.17oz.). The Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones come with advanced venting, ergonomic pivoting ear cups as well as internal and external microphones. The carrying case comes with a 3.5mm RemoteTalk cable, a universal USB charging cable, a quick start guide, and a warranty card.
You can order your pair of Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones in a variety of colors such as forest green, red, blue, matte black, and more.
Pros for Beats Studio 3 Wireless
- Longer battery for longer hours of music
- Quick charge time gives you three hours of music
- Adaptive Noise Cancelling feature
- Comes with a carry case and warranty card
- Access to AI assistant
The Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones is a pair of headphones from Beats by Dre that are light and powerful when it comes to making music. Although these headphones came out in 2019, they are still highly rated for this year. This could be because of its long battery power and award-winning sound quality.
If you charge the battery of the Beats Solo 3 Wireless, you can listen to music for up to 40 hours straight. However, if you are in a hurry, you can charge the battery for about five minutes, which will allow you to listen to three hours of music. The Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones have a high quality of sound, which immerses you in the music and allows you to hear your songs with clarity and finely tuned acoustics.
According to Best DJ Stuff, you can use the Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones to take calls, control your music, and use Siri on your iPhone.
The Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones weigh 215 g (7.58 oz.), which makes it the lightest headset on this list. It has a class 1 wireless Bluetooth connection, a micro USB port, noise isolation, and a beamforming mic for optimal call clarity. The headset is adjustable and the ear pads are comfortable so your ears will not feel sore after long hours of use.
The Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones come with a carrying case, universal USB charging cable, a quick start guide, and a warranty card. It has a wide variety of different colors to choose from, such as club navy, rose gold, club yellow, club white, and more.
Beats Solo 3 Wireless Pros
- Lightweight wear so you will not feel the heavy weight
- Long hours of music playing
- A quick five-minute charge gives you three hours of music
- Has a LED battery gauge
The Sony WH-1000XM3 is a Bluetooth wireless headset created by Sony that is built for hearing music in absolute silence. With ear pads that fit close to your head and a QN1 noise-canceling processor, these headphones give you the tools to block out all sorts of background noises. According to Sony, the WH-1000XM3 headphones block out vehicle noise, background noise, and the sounds of voices in the area.
A three-hour charge gives you thirty hours of music, while ten minutes of charging with an AC adapter will give you five hours of music. You will not have to be close to your Bluetooth device to hear your tunes as the headphones carry a maximum transfer rate of 990 kilobits per second. The headphones automatically adjust to your surroundings so you can stay alert when needed as you listen to music.
The Sony WH-1000XM3 weighs 254.86 g (8.99 oz.) and has a dome type driver unit with a copper-clad aluminum voice coil. It uses a neodymium magnet and is a closed dynamic type headset. It has a frequency response of 4-40,000 Hz and an impedance range of 47 ohms. The Bluetooth connection is effective at 30 ft. (360 in.) from the device and has a frequency range of 2.4 GHz bandwidth.
According to What Hi-Fi, the WH-1000 XM3 delivers focused and direct audio that makes you feel like you are in a room with the music itself. The Wh-1000 XM3 headphones work with Google Assistant, Siri, and Amazon Alexa. The WH-1000XM3 has a foldable structure and comes with a carrying case for easy travel. You can purchase the headphones in black or silver.
Sony WH-1000XM3 Pros
- Cancels noises in the background
- Its simple and smooth design makes it very light
- Comes with a carry case for easy travel
- Access to AI assistant
The 450BT by Sennheiser is a pair of Bluetooth headphones designed to offer you great music quality wherever you are. The 450BT takes 2 hours to be fully charged and provides you with 30 hours of optimal music time. The 450BT is built with durable materials, so it will not break easily. The headphones also come with aptX Low Latency Bluetooth which provides you with loud and clear music no matter the device or the location.
The 450BT weighs about 238g (8.40 oz.) and has a frequency response of 18 Hz-22,000 Hz. It has a transmission frequency of 2,402-2,480 MHz and uses a built-in Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The 450BT also has an around the ear coupling, uses a Bluetooth version of 5.0, and has a microphone frequency range of 80-6,000 Hz.
If you have an iOS or Android phone, the 450BT comes with an app you can use to set your personal preferences to the headphones. You can view the battery status of the headphones, download updates for the headset, and set other functions to your own preference. Lastly, the 450BT comes with easy control buttons and a voice assistant button.
The 450BT package comes with an audio cable, USB-C charging cable, a carrying case, a quick guide, and a safety guide. The 450BT headphones can be ordered in black or white.
450 BT Pros
- Superior Noise Cancelling system
- Comes with an app to monitor and control 450BT options
- Comes with a carrying case for easy travel
What to Look For
When you are trying to find the best pair of Bluetooth DJing headphones, you’ll need to dive deeper into the specs. Rather than owning a simple pair of music headphones from the store, this pair should go above and beyond your normal expectations and requirements. After all, Bluetooth headphones typically cost a bit more than wired, old-school earpieces.
Anyone who’s invested in a pair will vouch for the fact that they’re more than worth it. However, it’s still a good idea to get a feel for all choices before jumping to the first headphones that you come across.
Let’s dive into a list of five features to look for when you are getting a brand-new pair of wireless DJ headphones:
- They need to be comfortable. Whether you’re wearing them at a gig, while gaming, or for simple music listening, these headphones are undoubtedly going to see heavy use. Padded earmuffs, cushioned bands, and adjustable settings all contribute to a much more relaxing experience.
- Can you make any audio adjustments? Ranging from volume level to bass, and voice commands, being able to adjust the input and output of your headphones sets you ahead of the curve. It’s also added for an optimized layer of convenience for both you and your audience.
- How long is the battery life? If you’re using them at home, on the road, or anywhere in between, you should have long-lasting DJing headphones. Bluetooth is undoubtedly an excellent technological leap, but some earpieces only last up to a couple of hours. Fortunately, high-end Bluetooth headphones can stretch up to 18+ hours per charge.
- How do they look? Let’s be honest for a second here; We all love the idea of wearing cool-looking headphones. If you intend to wear your headphones on a stage, out walking, or anywhere in public, their appearance definitely plays a role in the decision-making process.
- Is there noise-canceling technology? Noise-cancelling has become one of the most popular features of headphones these days. They drown out the outside audio coming from anything other than your headphones. According to The Guardian, noise-canceling headphones use extremely low frequencies to cut out external sounds.
As you can see, there are plenty of sought-after attributes to keep an eye out for when you are shopping for new headphones. Wireless Bluetooth headphones are some of the best around, and for good reason; Creating music or simply enjoying a good beat is second to none in the minds of many creatives and musicians.
Wired headphones are a hassle to use, but Bluetooth headphones allow you to operate without hindrance and mix music on your equipment. Being able to make music or listen to it while you’re out and about without being tethered to a wire is one of the best options for those who truly enjoy audio creativity.
Remember that the best headphones for you need to be comfortable, long-lasting, and accommodating to your lifestyle. You might need longer battery life, quicker recharge times, adjustable audio settings, or other features that aren’t found in every pair of headphones.
If you want to make sure that you have the right headset for the job, try one of these models:
- The Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones fit comfortably on your head and capture all ranges of music and sound.
- The Pioneer HDJ-X5BT headphone set has a long battery life and has a Bluetooth option that allows you to take calls hands-free.
- The V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones allow you to customize your shields anyway you want and have a metal frame for lasting durability.
- The Beast Studio 3 Wireless headphones provide you with more music for a shorter recharging time.
All these headphones have different features that make them unique. Once you have your headset, grab your supplies and start DJing.
- Amazon: Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- Amazon: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X
- Amazon: Pioneer DJ HDJ-X5BT
- Amazon: Pioneer DJ HDJ-2000MK2-K
- Amazon: Sennheiser 450BT
- Amazon: Sony WH-1000XM3
- Amazon: V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless
- Audio-Technica: What are Headphone Specifications?
- Audio-Technica: ATH-M50X
- Audio-Technica: ATH-M40X
- Beats by Dre: Beats Solo 3 Wireless
- Beats by Dre: Beats Studio 3 Wireless
- Best DJ Gear: Best Wireless Headphones for DJing
- Best DJ Stuff: 15 Best DJ Headphones in 2020
- Headphones Aholic: 9 Best DJ Headphones in June 2020
- Headphone Review: A Guide to Headphone Specifications
- Laird Connect: What is Bluetooth Class
- Music Critic: 9 Best DJ Headphones for Professional Studio Sound in 2020
- Pioneer DJ: HDJ-2000 MK2-K
- Pioneer DJ: HDJ-X5BT
- Sennheiser: 450BT
- Sony: WH-1000 XM3
- V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless
- What Hi-Fi?: Best Wireless Headphones 2020